Where do I apply for vacancies at Glasgow Airport Limited?
All of our current vacancies are listed on our jobs board.
To apply for a vacancy, please register online and complete your online application. Once you are registered, you can apply for other vacancies we have advertised here without needing to complete a different form each time. Please note we can only accept applications online and not via email or post.
What if there are no vacancies that match my skills?
You can register and will be sent an email when there is a job which matches the skills you select.
Can I apply for a job even if I’ve applied to work at Glasgow Airport Limited in the past?
If you have been unsuccessful in applying for a role, your application won’t be considered for the same role within a six month period. You can, however, apply for different roles within this period.
I'm not a British citizen – can I still apply for a job?
Yes, providing you can provide a valid work permit for the UK or other appropriate Right to Work documentation.
It is your responsibility to provide evidence of your work permit and/or Right to Work documentation in line with current Home Office regulations.
What checks will I need to go through before starting employment?
Checks will vary depending on the role you have applied for and may include:
- You will be required to provide your passport (or other identity documents) and proof of your Right to Work in the UK if necessary.
- You must be able to satisfy requirements to obtain full security clearance, including five years’ satisfactory references, and criminal records and counter terrorism checks.
- If you have been working and / or living out with the UK for more than 6 months within the last 5 years, you will be required to provide a satisfactory Overseas Criminal Record Certificate from the country you have been working and / or living in.
- You may be required to provide copies of certification and / or driving licences
- You may be required to meet pre-determined medical and physical standards, so may be invited to attend a medical with our Occupational Health team prior to starting your new role.
If you are unable to be cleared to our satisfaction, this may result in any offer of employment being withdrawn or your employment terminated.
Will I be offered a job if I have a Criminal Record?
If you have a current conviction which is not spent then this may prevent you from obtain the required security clearance for the job role you’ve applied for. We would encourage you to apply and declare any conviction. Failure to disclose a criminal conviction may lead to your offer of employment being withdrawn or your employment being terminated.
Where do I park when on shift?
We provide free car parking for our employees, both whilst on shift and when they go on holiday. We encourage car sharing where possible.
There are also good public transport links to the airport and we have bike parking facilities and showers available.
Do you provide uniform?
Depending on your role, you may be required to wear a uniform and adhere to pre-determined dress standards, including PPE and specific footwear.
What facilities are there for meal breaks?
There are various catering units in the Terminal building and across the airport Campus. There are also kitchen facilities in the rest areas, depending on which area you are working in. The restrictions in place in relation to taking liquids through security still apply.