Just one week after launching an exciting Summer 22 programme from Glasgow Airport, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has put on over 180 additional flights to a range of popular hotspots in response to demand for Summer 22 holidays.
On top of this, the leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist has also added three fantastic city break destinations for local holidaymakers to enjoy in Summer 22 – Rome, Krakow and Prague. This means that Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has 29 sun and city destinations on sale from Glasgow Airport for Summer 22.
Since announcing its Summer 22 programme last week, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has seen strong demand from customers looking to get away for some much-needed sunshine. The company has been quick to respond to this and has today announced additional flights, representing thousands of additional seats, to the following 19 destinations: Tenerife, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura, Malaga, Alicante, Reus, Palma (Majorca), Ibiza, Menorca, Faro, Dalaman, Corfu, Crete (Heraklion), Kefalonia, Rhodes, Zante, Paphos and Malta.
This represents over 180 additional flights in total, giving customers fantastic choice when it comes to reaching their favourite summer destinations. (A full breakdown of weekly services is provided below.)
In addition, three city break destinations have been added to the company’s Summer 22 programme, giving customers the chance to explore the best European cities in Rome, Krakow and Prague.
On the back of this expansion, key highlights from Glasgow Airport for Summer 22 with Jet2.com, Jet2holidays and Jet2CityBreaks includes:
City Break destinations:
- Rome – up to two weekly services operating from 29th April until 28th October
- Krakow - up to two weekly services operating from 29th April until 28thOctober
- Prague – up to two weekly services operating from 28th April until 27thOctober
- Turkey – four destinations on sale in the Turkish sunshine. This includes Antalya (up to seven weekly services during the peak summer holiday season), Bodrum (weekly services), Dalaman (up to eight weekly services) and Izmir (weekly services).
- Canary Islands – huge choice with the UK’s leading operator to the Canaries, meaning up to 20 weekly services in total. This includes up to eight weekly services to Tenerife, up to five weekly services to Lanzarote, up to three weekly services to Fuerteventura and up to four weekly services to Gran Canaria, offering unrivalled choice.
- Mainland Spain - up to 15 weekly services during peak periods, with three destinations in Mainland Spain to choose from. This includes Reus (up to three weekly services), Alicante (up to seven weekly services) and Malaga (up to five weekly services).
- Balearic Islands – great choice and flexibility to Palma (Majorca) (up to 11 weekly services), Ibiza (up to six weekly services) and Menorca (up to two weekly services).
- Greece – with five Greek hotspots on sale, customers have plenty of opportunity to enjoy some Greek sunshine whether that’s in Crete (Heraklion) (up to three weekly services), Corfu (up to two weekly services), Kefalonia (weekly services), Rhodes (up to three weekly services) or Zante (up to two weekly services).
- Cyprus - continued popularity means weekly services to Larnaca and up to two weekly services to Paphos.
- Portugal - plenty of choice with up to seven weekly services to Faro (Algarve) and weekly services to the Portuguese island of Madeira.
- Italy – weekly services to
- Bourgas (Bulgaria) – weekly services operating to the Balkan sunshine.
- Malta – weekly services operating to Malta in Summer 22.
The company has continued this customer-first strategy throughout the Coronavirus pandemic, winning praise from customers, consumer organisations, media, and independent travel agents for how it has looked after customers affected by programme changes.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “We know there is a lot of pent up demand, and since putting our Summer 22 programme on sale we have been very encouraged by the number of bookings coming through from customers and independent travel agents. Customers clearly want their all-important holidays to look forward to, so we have responded quickly by adding thousands of additional seats to a range of brilliant hotspots from Glasgow Airport. We haven’t stopped there though, and we are delighted to be adding three fantastic city break destinations for Summer 22 too. The response to our Summer 22 programme shows how much customers want to get away with an award-winning airline and tour operator to the sunshine.”