Getting to Glasgow Airport
Glasgow Airport is the only airport in Scotland with direct motorway access, making it extremely easy and simple to get to. We advise beginning your journey with plenty of time to spare, whether you’re driving, using public transport, or using a local taxi company. This will give you the peace of mind to know that you’ll be checking in on time so you can begin your journey stress-free.Directions
You can either exchange currency online or in any Travelex office at the airport.Currency
Have you checked-in online? If so, don’t forget to print off your boarding pass before heading to the airport. Passengers travelling with just hand luggage can head straight to airport security and begin their duty-free shopping experience. If you’re travelling with hold luggage, you will need to check-in your bags at the appropriate check-in desk for your destination.
Remember – even if your flight has a delay, you must still arrive at the airport and check-in at the original allocated time; unless your airline has contacted you directly stating otherwise.
Take a look at the flight info section for flight updates and subscribe to alerts to receive the most up-do-date information.
To help the start of your journey go more smoothly, be sure to have a look at our map so you know where everything is.
See check-in desk locations
We understand that airport security process can feel a bit daunting to our customers, particularly for those who aren’t frequent travellers. Here’s a brief guide on how to prepare for airport security.
- Check in advance what you can and can’t take in your hand luggage
- Have your liquids sorted and organised before you leave for the airport (view restrictions here)
- Use a 1-litre, resealable, clear plastic bag for your liquids (you can get one for free from the airport)
If you would like further information on the security scanners used at Glasgow Airport, please visit our security info page.
Security measures are in place for your safety and we know sometimes it can be a long process, which is why we now offer fast-track security with priority passes that’ll have you flying through in no time. You can find out more here.
If you require extra assistance when going through airport security, we can give you a hand. Find our more in our special assistance section.
Laptops and electrical items
- Remove them from your bags and place them in separate trays through security
- Large electrical items are those that exceed 20cm
- Put all keys, coins, and mobile phones into the tray
- They can be inside your hand luggage, in a coat pocket (on the tray), or in the tray itself – but you can’t carry them on your person through the scanners
- All liquids should be in containers of 100ml or less
- Place them in a clear, resealable plastic bag of no more than 1 litre in capacity – you can pick one up at the airport
- Place liquids in a separate tray to your other baggage and belongings
- If you’re carrying medicines over 100ml – have your prescription or doctor’s letter ready for inspection
- Remove belts and place them in the tray
- If asked to remove your shoes, they should also be placed in the tray
IN A HURRY?
Purchase Priority Security to get through as fast as possible.Priority security
Relax and Shop
It’s time to relax because your journey starts right here.
What to do before your flight?
- Chill out, get a coffee, and get a bite to eat at one of our many tasty restaurants
- Treat yourself at World Duty Free and our other great airport shops
- Relax and unwind in the upper deck lounge – it’s a luxury you definitely have to experience!
We know you’ll be relaxing, but don’t forget to pay attention to your boarding information – you don’t want to miss your flight!
When your gate is announced – usually around 40 minutes before scheduled take off – it’s time to get excited! Make sure you know where your gate is, and give yourself time to get there without rushing. Gates will be signposted, but you can also find them all using the Glasgow Airport map.Airport Map