1. Golden Sands – for a summer holiday by the sea with gorgeous scenery, offset by dramatic wooded hillsides meeting a golden coastline, Golden Sands is the perfect destination for beach lovers and entertainment seekers alike.
2. Sozopol – on the southern Black sea coast, situated on a rocky peninsula, the old harbour town of Sozopol is the romantics’ paradise. Combining the history and culture of it’s quaint Old Town with it’s fabulous sandy beaches and rocky landscape – Sozopol boasts something for sun worshippers and culture vultures in equal measure.
3. Nessebar – with History dating back almost 3000 years – the old town of Nessebar is the jewel in Bulgaria’s Black Sea crown. Under a UNESCO preservation order as a living museum town, it cobbled narrow streets and gabled houses encase Churches from 40 different periods in Bulgaria’s history. The beaches here can be the perfect place for relaxing and soaking up some of that warm Black sea sunshine after all that sightseeing.
4. Sunny Beach – Bulgaria’s best known and by some considerable distance biggest and most popular resort, Sunny Beach caters for every holiday need imaginable. Clutched around an 8km long blue flag sandy beach – the resort has a buzzing seaside promenade with shops, stalls, restaurants and bars where food and drink can be enjoyed at superb value non-Euro prices, with a beer costing under £1 and a 3 course meal for £10. With family attractions such as exciting Aqua Parks, all manner of Water Sports on that golden sandy beach such as paragliding and jet-skiing and a large fairground, the Kids will never be bored. Of an evening, the resort comes alive with a large number of bars, folk nights and floorshows to take in – with a bar to suit every taste. Sunny Beach has it all – whatever your holiday preference.
5. Duni – the class act of Bulgaria’s purpose built resorts – Duni boasts a small selection of 3, 4 and 5 star complexes. Dotted along the 3km stretch of coastline, these complexes are the perfect holiday getaway for beach lovers who just want to get away from it all, with Duni’s beach every bit as impressive as it’s Hotels.
6. Obzor – situated almost halfway between Bourgas and Varna (Bulgaria’s 2 largest coastal cities) is the laid-back resort of Obzor. The resort’s long sandy beach which backs onto the Stara Planina mountains is perfect for stretching out and topping up those tans. Nightlife here is much more sedate with restaurants offering both local and international cusine. With it’s modern hotels and laid-back atmosphere – Obzor is the perfect chill-out holiday resort.
7. Albena – the Black Sea coasts most northern resort, close the Romanian border and nestled in a scenic wooded bay – is the purpose built resort of Albena. With an impressive stretch of 5km long gorgeous sandy beach which slopes gently into the warm waters of the Black sea, Albena is also largely a traffic-free resort with hop on, hop off mini trains available to ferry holiday makers around the resort. With a fabulous new Waterpark also now open in the resort, this is a great resort for a family holiday with public transport to the nearby Golden Sands also readily available.
Book your trip to Bulgaria today with Balkan Holidays!