You’ve landed at Glasgow Airport and it’s time to start the next part of your journey. The airport enjoys a privileged position on the west coast of Scotland, approximately 8 miles from Glasgow city centre and prides itself on its fast, efficient and friendly service.
It is the only airport in Scotland with direct motorway access and is well served by public transport.
We have a Transport and Visitor Information Hub in the domestic arrivals area where the team are happy to help and answer any questions you may have about your travel arrangements.
Travelling from Glasgow Airport into the city centre by bus is easy as there are several services that go to the main bus station – Buchanan Street – as well as other local destinations and beyond.
If you are not spending all of your time in Glasgow or you plan to travel outwith the city as soon as you arrive, you can depart from Buchanan Street to reach many popular destinations across Scotland.
All the bus stances at Glasgow Airport right outside the main terminal building.
- First 500 Glasgow Shuttle - Glasgow City Centre from Stance 1. This bus departs approximately every 10 minutes for Buchanan Street Bus Station, also stopping at Glasgow Central Train and Glasgow Queen Street Train Stations. First also operates over 100 services across greater Glasgow and offers direct transfers to Edinburgh via the Citylink 900 Service from Buchanan Street.
- First 747 AirLink - Glasgow city centre (via Braehead and Partick Interchange) from Stance 6. The 747 AirLink service operates between Glasgow Airport and the city centre via Renfrew, Braehead, Partick, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, and Charing Cross, making it ideal for visiting the west end of the city as well as some of Glasgow’s best retail and tourist attractions.
- McGill’s 757 - Paisley Gilmour Street Train Station from Stance 7. This service from local firm McGill’s departs every 15 minutes and is perfect if you want to explore Renfrewshire, Ayrshire and the south of Scotland.
- Citylink 915 - Skye (via Loch Lomond and Fort William) from Stance 9. Heading for the Highlands? This is the bus for you!
Useful public transport links
- Traveline Scotland
- First Bus
- Road Network Information
- Regional Transport Information
If you are travelling by train, the nearest station to Glasgow Airport is Paisley Gilmour Street, which is connected to the airport by the McGill’s 757 bus service or a short taxi journey.
You can also catch the First 500 Glasgow Shuttle which will drop you off at Glasgow Queen Street or Glasgow Central Train Stations, from where you can travel to popular destinations throughout Scotland
Tickets can be purchased at any train station in Scotland or via the ScotRail website.
With excellent motorway networks and the main M8 going directly past Glasgow Airport, driving to your onward destination couldn’t be easier!
Scotland’s main motorway – the M8 – runs right past the airport, making your short drive east into Glasgow quick and easy. Similarly, if you are heading west, the route is very well sign-posted.
The M8 connects to the rest of the motorway network and is the perfect starting point for exploring Scotland.
Have you rented a car from one of Glasgow Airport’s on-site car rental operators? The car rental desks are located near to the domestic arrivals area of the airport. Here you can complete your paperwork and pick up your keys. Your rental car will be waiting in the car rental parking area facing the terminal building.
If you want to walk or cycle from Glasgow Airport, the good news is that we are connected to a local footpath network and also the National Cycle Network.
If you are walking, please be aware of your safety, and wear both reflective clothing and stout footwear.
For cyclists wishing to hire a bicycle, please go to our Travel and Visitor Information Hub on the ground floor at domestic arrivals, opposite WS Smith, and ask for help.
Sustrans can provide more information on the National Cycle Network and also local cycle networks.sustrans.org.uk
Leaving the airport by taxi?
Remember, only official Glasgow Airport Taxis can pick you up at the terminal doors. If you are travelling with another taxi firm, you will be picked up at the official pick up point in Car Park 2 which is directly opposite the main terminal building.
There is no need to pre-book your Official Glasgow Airport Taxi when you are leaving the airport as there are taxis available 24 hours a day. However, if you would prefer you can pre-book by calling 0141 889 1813, book online here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For your convenience Glasgow Airport Taxis can also accept payment by credit or debit card (small credit card charge applies).
Make your holiday or business trip hassle-free by pre-booking your taxi directly with us for your return journey – we can send you a 20% discount voucher plus the official Glasgow Airport Taxis are the only taxis able to drop you off right outside the main terminal building!