Flying Messenger PLUS
Flying Messenger PLUS lets you track a flight's progress via SMS. You can set it up in advance and you'll receive up to three alerts.
What you get
- Flight status at time of request (or 12 hours ahead of arrival)
- Notification when flight is on final approach
- Notification when baggage is in the arrivals hall.
- Flight status at time of request (or 12 hours ahead of departure)
- Status update four hours before scheduled departure
- GATE OPEN notification when flight is ready for boarding.
When to use it
You can request Flying Messenger PLUS up to two weeks ahead of the scheduled flight time. The number of alerts you receive will depend on how close to arrival/departure you send your request.
How to use it
Send a text message to 82222 giving the following details:
- gla (for Glasgow)
- Flight number
- arr (arrives) or dep (departs)
- Date of flight (ddmmyy)
So if you wanted to track flight number BA1484, arriving on 03 November 2010, your message would read:
gla ba1484 arr 031110
We’ll send you a confirmation when everything’s set up.
What it costs
Each Flying Messenger PLUS request costs 75p plus your network’s SMS message rate.
Flying Messenger is an automated service and only flight information requests will be recognised.
If you have further questions, please check our Flying Messenger FAQs page and the Flying Messenger Terms and Conditions.