Jet2 announce new Glasgow - Boston flight
22 August 2013
Cheers to the Ultimate Transatlantic Treat
In celebration of St Patrick’s Day, Jet2holidays has announced a one-off transatlantic flight to Boston.
This latest destination is exclusive to Glasgow Airport with the UK’s third biggest holiday company being the very first operator to offer local people the chance to experience this iconic city direct from their local airport.
The four-night break departing on 14th March 2014, has been timed to coincide with St Patrick’s Day so visitors can soak up the unique celebrations that engulf the city – from the transformation of the Chicago River to green to enjoying the many Irish themed parades and parties that mark the occasion. Package breaks can be booked today starting from £749 return and secured with only a £60 deposit.
Steve Heapy, Chief Executive Officer of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “Today certainly marks a milestone for Jet2holidays at Glasgow, with the expansion of our transatlantic routes. We are very excited with the launch of Boston – it is an amazing place to visit, especially for St Patrick’s Day, and I’m sure it will be a success.
“The addition of this route – our sixth to launch this year – reinforces our commitment to offering our local customers an unrivalled choice of great value breaks to a wide range of exciting European and international destinations direct from their doorstep.”
Francois Bourienne, Glasgow Airport’s Commercial Director, added: “Since arriving in 2011 Jet2.com has been quick to identify destinations for regular scheduled services and, as in this case, one-off flights. Previous one-offs such as the Christmas shopping flights to New York have been very successful and Boston should be no different as it is a fantastic city which really comes alive at St Patrick ’s Day every year.”
Direct Jet2.com return flights are also available from £499 per person including taxes.
For more information or to book a break visit www.Jet2holidays.com or for flights visit www.Jet2.com
For further media enquiries:
Jet2holidays Press Office on 0113 243 1355 or email pressoffice@Jet2.com
Notes to editors:
1. Jet2holidays - 2011 British Travel Awards - Best Tour Operator to the Iberian Peninsula & Canary Islands, Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association (SPAA) Awards 2011 - Best Mainstream Tour Operator, 2010 British Travel Awards - Best Tour Operator to the Iberian Peninsula & Canary Islands – Bronze Award.
2. Jet2holidays are ATOL protected – therefore have a financial guarantee provided by the CAA, and are ABTA bonded.
3. Jet2.com has eight Northern bases, serving: 49 city, sun and ski destinations from Leeds Bradford International; 41 from Manchester; 30 from Newcastle; 27 from East Midlands; 17 from Belfast International; 17 from Edinburgh; 11 from Blackpool and 25 from Glasgow.
4. Jet2.com has scooped a number of other prestigious awards including: Globe Travel Awards 2012 – Best Short Haul Airline, Scottish Passenger Agents’ Association (SPAA) Awards 2011 - Best Low-cost Airline, Telegraph Travel Awards 2011 – Runner Up Best Short Haul Airline, 2010 British Travel Awards for Best Trade Booking Website (Flights) – Bronze Award. 2009 Passenger Airline of the Year; 2009 Best Travel Internet Booking System, 2009 Best Passenger Airline, 2008 Best UK Short-Haul Airline; 2006 & 2007 ‘Best European Short-Haul Airline’; the world’s most punctual airline into Amsterdam Schiphol; the 2005 ‘Best Online Booking Service’ of any UK airline; and the favourite British low cost airline from both Holiday Which? and Wanderlust magazines.
5. Jet2.com is a subsidiary of Dart Group plc, aviation services and distribution group, which has 30 years’ commercial aviation experience.